Monday, February 7, 2011

{the JOY of LOVE} : Day 7

Today's theme: Generations


Ok, I admit, today's theme made me throw a big pity-party for myself. Did this happen to anyone else?
Maybe it's the recent loss of a parent, an estranged relationship with one of them, or just the fact that you live a million miles away - I'm sure for many of us, the theme of generations doesn't always conjure up happy images.


Since both of our immediate families live in Seattle (we moved down to SoCal about 1.5 years ago), I knew that taking a photo with grandparents was not gonna happen. Commence pity party... I almost decided not to shoot at all today. I know, I'm a drama queen.


But then I realized how _______ (insert colorful adjective) I was being...


So here is a capture of how we often connect with our loved ones... Tim is at his desk (aka our kitchen table) studying and making a call.


I was really touched at seeing everyones' pictures of grandparents and grandchildren together...it is truly a special and precious relationship.


Click here for some more eye candy from other fellow bloggers!




Day 7 - Generations


3 comments:

  1. aww~ so sorry to hear this was a hard one for you and especially hearing that you recently lost a parent. =( i'm glad you were able to find a creative way to still keep up your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry too, but I am glad that you made the most of it. I absolutely just love this shot! great job with the lighting and the perspective. Can't wait to see what else you put up throughout the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - oh no, actually I haven't lost a parent, oops sorry for misleading you - I meant that for those people that have lost a parent, it is also hard...haha sorry. I was sad b/c we live so far away from them - I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a parent :( Thanks for your encouraging words!
    Sharon - Thanks Sharon! Looking forward to all your photos too!

    ReplyDelete