"A great way to give thanks for the privileges we've got is to do important work.
Your job, your internet access, your education, your role in a civilized society... all of them are a platform, a chance to do art, a way for you to give back and to honor those that enabled you to get to this point.
For every person reading this there are a thousand people (literally a thousand) in underprivileged nations and situations that would love to have your slot. Don't waste it."
Whatever you deem as your "important work" - whether it's raising godly children, putting out your best in the workplace day in and day out, studying with diligence, fighting for a worthy cause, or loving your spouse to the fullest - we have a reason to give thanks for the opportunities we each get.
I've been thinking and praying a lot about this these days... I'll share how this will affect my photography sometime soon on the blog.__________________
And since a post is not complete without some photos, here is Noelle doing her "important work". For a two year old, play = work.
1. Helping me trim the tree. We don't have the department store perfectly color coordinated tree....but I like it like that. It's a mish mash of ornaments we've been gifted with, the ones the girls have picked out and general randomness. Kinda fits our family.
2. Playing kick ball. This shot was taken in the laundry room of our apt. complex. I let the girls bring the ball thinking it would help me get more laundry done (major mistake). Since we had just come from the playground, I had my camera on me so took this shot. Let's just say it took double the time to do everything!
3. Eating a marshmallow. This does not qualify as work, but rates high on the importance meter for N.
4. Feeding George. High maintenance stuffed animals have a place in our home. Donations welcome.
5. Reusing a box. Naomi is actually in there as well. In case you have ever wondered what size box it would take to ship two kids outta your house, here is a visual example. Of course, why would you ever want to do that??