Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lately...


Decided not to shoot any sessions in the month of December, and I'm so glad!
Been able to spend more time with the family and go back to capturing more everyday moments of the girls, my favorite thing to do.

IMG_6151 WM

It's also allowed me to spend a lot of time in reflection and reading...
evaluating my priorities and the dreams God has placed on my heart for the future. Sabbath is a good thing.

IMG_6145 WM

I'll be posting some older sessions up soon that never made it to the blog, 
but for now, I'll leave you with a quote from a book our church just finished reading together - "Radical" by David Platt.
I highly recommend it. 


"This... is the American dream: to make much of ourselves. 
But here the gospel and the American dream are clearly and ultimately antithetical to each other. 
While the goal of the American dream is to make much of us,
the goal of the gospel is to make much of God."

Whether it be in photography or in my daily existence as a mother/wife/human being, this challenges me. 
How easy it is, even in our most philanthropic and noble efforts, to end up making much of ourselves, rather than God.
Lord, help us.
Lord, help me.

 Another inspiring read in my book pile is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp ... loving it too, but it'll be a post for another day.
Hoping your week-before-Christmas is restful and full of joy and laughter~


No comments:

Post a Comment