several things are guaranteed.
1. Playing around with the bakeware. Mask? Hat? Drum? The possibilities are endless. Actually, the possibilities come to a rapid close when mommy gets annoyed that all the bakeware is getting very dirty from being drummed on.
2. My kids will beg to lick the spoon/bowl/mixer.
While they do this, I will secretly eat chocolate chips under the guise of cleaning the table.
Flour in the hair, flour on the chair, flour on the face, flour in seemingly unreachable crevices.
4. Complete silence while eating.
5. This Sheepish Face.
And the words, "Mommy more?"
6. Naomi taking forever to eat one cookie.
Maybe she is savoring the delicate nuances of the Nestle Toll House recipe I used off the back of the bag.
Maybe she's reveling in the awesome baker her mom is.
Actually, she's just a really slow eater.
Most of my baking experience consists of watching Ina Garten bake on Food Network,
and then going to the store and buying Pepperidge Farm cookies. Genevas are my favorite.
7. And my personal favorite:
So worth the mess of baking with my girls!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day - stay warm and bake something!